February 22, 2011

Terrarium Love

 So, I have a total black thumb.  I admit it.  I am not proud of this, but sometimes, we just have to face facts.  This is where my love for terrariums comes in.



I did a little researching, and this is my terrarium..


Supplies
1.  Sparkly clean glass bowl, jar, etc
2.  pea gravel (I found mine in the aquarium aisle)
3.  horticultural charcoal
4.  peat-based potting soil
5.  plant
6.  moss, rocks, and whatever else you would like to add



Add, ta da...





Directions
1.  2-3 inches of pea gravel
2.  About 1/2 inch of charcoal
3.  About 2-6 inches of peat-based potting mix
4.  Plant/moss (I totally cheated and just took the moss from outside, LOL)
5.  FYI-since mine is an open terrarium, it will need to be watered more often



I know, easy peasy, right?

Luvs!

No comments:

Post a Comment